Customer Care Agent, An Post Customer Contact Centre
At An Post, we want our customers to have the best customer service experience in Ireland, no matter how, when or what they contact us about. The An Post product portfolio has transformed in recent years, and so too have the needs of our customers. We have designed a new Customer Contact Centre that will deliver best in class modern methods of enhanced customer experiences and it will enable us to build on the fantastic support we have given our customers over the years.
This new transformational change will create a new organisation and management structure that can drive delivery of great outcomes for our Customers, our People and An Post. As part of this positive change we are going to be bringing in-house a number of our contact centre operational roles, allowing us to realise ongoing cost reductions while creating the best contact centre team in Ireland.
Applications are invited from those who wish to be considered for a position in the An Post Contact Centre. Suitable candidates will be placed on a panel from which future vacancies (temporary or permanent) in these positions may be filled. If the initial assignment is against a temporary vacancy, a subsequent assignment may be made in the event of a temporary or permanent vacancy becoming available.
Being placed on a panel will not guarantee that an offer of appointment will be made. A panellist who refuses an offer of appointment or fails to maintain satisfactory standards in regard to work performance, conduct, attendance etc. will be removed from the panel.
Along with working in a highly motivated and impactful customer contact centre you will also receive Level 6 Accredited training.
Principle Job Purpose:
Reporting to the Team Leaders – An Post Customer Contact Centre, Dublin, the purpose of the role is to handle customer queries received via multiple channels, across a variety of product offerings for both business and consumer customers, working with other relevant An Post departments and external partners.
Hours of Attendance:
The hours of attendance are based on a 37½ hour week with a 5/6-day attendance liability. Staggered attendance shifts apply within the hours of 8.00am-8.00pm Monday to Friday and 8.00am to 6.00pm Saturday with a one-hour lunch break. The Company’s Flexible Working Hours Scheme is not available in the Customer Contact Centre.
About the role
The Customer Centre Agent position is an integral role within the Contact Centre team, delivering front line, best-in-class customer service and support to An Post Customers, both internal and external, responding to their queries via their chosen contact channel. Working both independently and with the wider team, you will share and receive experience and insights to continuously improve the quality of our customer service.
- Handle customer queries received via multiple channels, across a variety of product offerings for both Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer(B2C) customers, including Banking customers, Postmobile customers and Mails and Parcels customers.
- Understand and respond to customer needs both stated and unstated and ensure that the response is dealt with appropriately to exceed the customer’s expectations, delivering high-quality customer service.
- Be a customer advocate for driving change which enhances customer experience on every interaction.
- Escalate any customer concerns, issues or opportunities appropriately to the team leader for further support to maintain a high of quality service.
- Work as a part of a dynamic and continuously evolving team and support the team to meet their daily team standards.
- Actively engaged and complete all ongoing trainings to meet compliance and cross skilling requirements.
- Be able to coach up; to escalate any customer concerns, issues or opportunities to the management team to improve opportunities, reduce defects and bring higher engagement from customers, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Display personal ownership in handling all customer queries, connecting with other teams and using all available resources to achieve First Contact Resolution on every contact.
- Capture detailed notes on the customer contact to update the An Post Customer Relationship Management system to provide insights to our customers’ experiences.
- Work closely with all other relevant An Post sections, Delivery Service Units’ staff and external partners, always keeping customers first.
Knowledge and Experience
You are highly motivated and passionate about delivering an exceptional customer service experience. You will have solid customer service experience, preferably in a contact centre environment, with an aptitude both in listening to and understanding a customer’s needs and skilfully communicating in a professional and personable manner. Strong time management skills are essential to ensure all our customers queries are handled efficiently and effectively and ultimately brought to a satisfactory conclusion. You are confident and adept at identifying additional services which may add value and support B2C customers while ideally also having experience supporting B2B customers, with an appreciation of their needs and expectations.
- Customer & quality focused
- Building & maintaining relationships
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking and analytical skills, data driven
- Flexibility to work in different areas and learn new skills
Starting Salary for this position is € 26,000 per annum.
Application - please download and complete attached application form and e-mail to email@example.com