CCMA Celebrating International Women’s Day 2021 - Choose to Challenge
Venue: Webinar 11 a.m.
A year later than planned ... CCMA will celebrate International Women's Day with a panel of senior industry executives sharing their experiences and outlining the challenges they are currently addressing. The theme of International Women's Day 2021 is Choose to Challenge. A challenged world is an alert world and from challenge comes change. So let's all choose to challenge.
How will you help forge a gender equal world? Celebrate women's achievement. Raise awareness against bias. Take action for equality.
This webinar will be MC'd by Fiona Buckley, Executive Coach.
Panel speakers include:
- John Brennan, Head of Asset Based Lending, AIB.
- Gillian Harford, Country Executive, 30% Club Ireland
- Aoife Leonard, Director Contact Centres, Bank of Ireland
- Ruth Leonard, Senior Director of Sales, Indeed.com
The webinar will take place from 11.00 a.m. and finish no later than 12.15 p.m.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Challenges panel members have encountered in their career to date and how they overcame them
- In the context of the theme for today - Choose To Challenge to outline any initiatives they have implemented in their organisation
- According to recent research ( McKinsey report 2019), the biggest obstacle women face is the 1st step up to Management? Do you agree? What has your organisation done to address this?
- In the last 12 months we have faced one of the biggest challenges we have ever encountered. What have been your lessons learned and/or your key strengths that have carried you through the past year?
- Feelings of invisibility and professional and career isolation are very topical issues at present for organisations. How do you think people can overcome these?
- Having sufficient “challenge” is key to keep us engaged in our work. What would your advice be to people in organisations who feel they have no work related challenge at present?
If you would like to raise a particlar topic/question in advance of the event please send through to email@example.com
About the speakers
- John Brennan - John is AIB’s Head of Asset Backed lending and leads the Finance and Leasing teams. He has worked with AIB for over 20 years including roles as Commercial Director for AIB Homes, Head of Direct Banking and as Head of Digital Channels responsible for the strategic planning, design and development of AIB's self-service, online, mobile and tablet Banking Products. John has an extensive business background leading teams in Customer Relationship Management, Group Management Functions and Omni-Channel Development. John has a bachelor of Commerce degree from UCD, a Postgraduate Diploma in Internet Development and is accredited as a QFA.
- Gillian Harford - Gillian is the former Head of HR Strategy & Planning with AIB. With a career spanning almost 40 years, she has been responsible for significant people change with particular focus on Culture, Career, Diversity and Agile Work. Gillian is currently working on assignment as the Country Executive for the 30% Club in Ireland, helping to build their future strategy, and also works directly with client organisations focusing on diversity and workplace change. Gillian is a member of the Institute of Directors, fellow of CIPD, a fellow of the Institute of Bankers and is Chair of the Board, and non executive director, for Beaumont Hospital, Dublin.
- Aoife Leonard is the Director of Bank of Ireland’s Contact Centres, leading a team of c900 banking professionals engaging with customers via phone and digital channels. Aoife has over 25 years’ experience in the financial sector and has extensive leadership experience across Branch Banking, Business Banking, Direct Channels, Operations and Consumer Segments. Aoife is passionate about creating a culture that unities around a common purpose and has overseen a number of large transformation programmes throughout her career. Aoife holds a Master’s Degree in Management Practice.
- Ruth Leonard - Ruth is Senior Sales Director at Indeed leading a high performance sales team to deliver innovative recruitment campaigns for their clients. Prior to Indeed she managed B2B & B2C sales teams for Sky Ireland. Ruth is passionate about coaching and developing her team to deliver world class solutions. Ruth believes that creating diverse and inclusive teams drives innovation, without which companies cannot survive.
Fiona Buckley - is a Business Psychologist, Empowerment Coach and facilitator on a number of Women in Leadership Programmes amongst others. Prior to setting up her own business 4 years ago, Fiona held several senior corporate roles with her last role being Vice President of Professional Services for an International Tech company.
Reserve a Place at This Event
If you would like to book a place at this event, please click on the button below.