CCMA Member Workshop - Proven Strategies for Managing Remote and Smart Teams
Venue: Drury Buildings, 55 Drury Street, Dublin 2.
The way we work is changing, with people working remotely from home, co-working spaces, on the go and international remote team. This is impacting how we manage people. This workshop is a hands-on opportunity for people managers to learn about proven strategies to manage remote teams and how to use these to support their teams to work smarter.
At this workshop participants will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Analyse their Team’s current way of working and identify opportunities and challenges
- Identify the management style(s) they wish to develop or change
- Apply best practice smart working pinciples to manage their smart working team
- Select appropriate, available technology to support their smart working team
- Build a personal action plan to manage themselves and their smart working team.
The agenda includes:
- Remote and Smart Working – Opportunities & Challenges
- Case Studies – Local & International
- Understanding and Aligning your Management Style
- Technology tools to ensure success
- Setting agreements and protocols
- Building team cohesion & collaboration
- Creating your personal action plan.
This one day workshop will be delivered by Alison Creed, The Coaching Creed and Maura Jakksen Byrne, Smart Coach. The workshop will take place from 9.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m., the cost per participant is €150.
Who should attend?
Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers supporting team members who can:
- work from home
- work from client site
- work on the road or in co-working spaces
- work in your office with another team
- work in your other sites
Benefits of attending
- Understand the challenges and opportunites of managing remote workers
- Learn about successful remote working from local and international organisations
- Become aware of best practice management styles for remote workers
- Identify technologies available to support your team in remote working
- Develop an Action Plan to improve how you manage your remote workers
The agenda will be as follows:
- 9.00 a.m. Registration
- 9:30 a.m. Group Intro’s
- 9:45 a.m. Overview – History of Work and What the Research Says, Pulse Check with Managers in the Room (Individual Exercise)
- 10:15 a.m. Opportunities Part 1 - Group Work
- 10:45 a.m. Coffee
- 11:00 a.m. Challenges Part 2 - Group Work
- 11:30 a.m. Case Studies –Local & International
- 12:00 noon Technologies & Tools to Support Remote Working, Pulse Check with Managers in the Room (Individual Exercise)
- 12:45 p.m. Lunch
- 13:30 p.m. Management Styles – Group Work
- 14:15 p.m. Setting Agreements & Protocols, What Protocols are needed for each area?- Group Work
- 15:00 p.m. Coffee
- 15:15 p.m. Strategies for Leading your Team - Group Work
- 16:00 p.m. Develop Your Individual Action Plan (Individual Exercise)
- 16:30 p.m. Wrap Up
Alison Creed of The Coaching Creed is an IMI trained Executive Coach & Business Consultant who has worked across Financial Services, IT, Telecommunications and Publishing sectors in Ireland and Australia. She currently works as an Associate in the IMI on their Diploma in Executive Coaching as well as private coaching, training and consulting work. She is a seasoned project manager including as a Programme Director of a multidisciplinary team that delivered world-class workplace for Macquarie Bank in Sydney (3,000 people). This was the first large scale Australian implementation of an Activity Based Working workplace – where all staff transitioned to mobile/remote working. Alison also managed several contact centres and Outsource Providers in Ireland .
Maura Jakksen Byrne is MD of Your Business Smart Coach - an Executive Coaching and Leadership Development Consultancy. She is a Kingstown College qualified Senior Executive Coach and Mentor and a Coach Institute of Ireland trained Life Coach. She is a qualified Behavioural Analyst and Psychometric Tester using the TTI international DISC® system. She is a member of the European Mentor and Coaching Council (EMCC) and abides by their strict code of ethics. A marketing graduate who has run several successful businesses over the last 20 years in the event management, project management and property sectors, she understands the challenges that businesses face managing people to secure higher engagement and profitability. She is also a published author. In 2019, Maura worked with middle and senior leadership teams in the medical, media, financial and recruitment sectors. She lectures on Emotional Resilience at Work and has written articles for The Sunday Business Post and The Institute for Directors on Employee Retention Strategies. She has carried out several Employee Insights projects for Employee Value Propositions in the banking and medical sector. She delivers highly successful workshops on People Management and the Successful Management of Remote Workers.
Reserve a Place at This Event
If you would like to book a place at this event, please click on the button below.