An Post - Customer Contact Agent
Would you like to be part of a bigger picture and join an organisation that is one of the most recognised brands in the country? If so read on.
Here at An Post we are passionate about our customers and want them to have the best customer service experience in Ireland, no matter how, when or what they contact us about.
Our state of the art Customer Contact Centre is based in our new headquarters in Dublin 1, the iconic Exo Building, which has been built to the highest modern, sustainable standards. This helps achieve An Post’s, and the Customer Contact Centre’s vision of delivering connections and encouraging collaboration.
Along with working in a highly motivated and impactful Customer Contact Centre you will also receive Level 6 Accredited training.
Who Are You?
You are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and are motivated by ensuring the best possible experience for all of An Post’s valued customers. You possess a strong proficiency in communication skills, are an excellent listener and can deliver the information required in a succinct, professional and personable manner. Check out our video – https://youtu.be/0k0yMjiRvMI
– to see a day in the life of one of our valued Customer Contact Agents!
The Customer Contact Agent position is an integral role within the Contact Centre team, delivering front line, best-in-class customer service and support to An Post Customers, both internal and external, responding to their queries via their chosen contact channel. Working both independently and with the wider team, you will share and receive experience and insights to continuously improve the quality of our customer service.
- Handle customer queries received via multiple channels, across a variety of product offerings for both Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer(B2C) customers, identifying potential opportunities to support and assist our customers further and responding to the unstated needs by offering sustainable solutions, e.g. self-help channels.
- Understand and respond to customer needs both stated and unstated and ensure that the response is dealt with appropriately to exceed the customer’s expectations, delivering high-quality customer service.
- Be a customer advocate for driving change which enhances customer experience on every interaction.
- Escalate any customer concerns, issues or opportunities appropriately to the team leader for further support to maintain a high of quality service.
- Work as a part of a dynamic and continuously evolving team and support the team to meet their daily team standards.
- Actively engaged and complete all ongoing training to meet compliance and cross-skilling requirements.
- Be able to coach up; to escalate any customer concerns, issues or opportunities to the management team to improve opportunities, reduce defects and bring higher engagement from customers, colleagues and business partners.
- Display personal ownership in handling all customer queries, connecting with other teams and using all available resources to achieve First Contact Resolution on every contact.
- Leave detailed notes on customer interaction which provides insights to the business.
- Work closely with our Delivery Service Unit staff and external partners, always keeping customers first.
Here at An Post, we recognise that our employees are our greatest asset and we strive to continually develop and support our people. Our benefits include:
- Learning Pathways – these are training and development courses and programmes that support employees and managers to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Direct Contribution Pension backed by generous Company funding
- Support schemes for health including Employee Assistance Plans for Wellness and Mental Health and other supports including vision care programme
- Employee discounts for a variety of An Post products & services
- Annual leave entitlement to 21 days per year, additional 1 days after 5, additional 2 days after 10 years
- Predominately Monday – Friday, however, there is a requirement to work Saturdays on a rota basis. The Saturday liability will be approximately one in every four and the hours of work will be 9am to 2pm. When you work Saturday you get a day off during the week to compensate
The starting salary for this role is €522.21 per week for all new entrants.
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on 29th of September 2023.
At An Post we appreciate the value that diversity brings and believe our workforce should be reflective of the customers and communities we serve. That is why we actively welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community, or family status. An Post is committed to having an inclusive workplace where every employee feels they belong. If you require accommodations to be made during the recruitment process, or have questions relating to accessibility, please contact us!
If you have any informal enquiries about the role please contact email@example.com and one of the team will get back to you.