Customer Contact Centre Manager
Reporting to: Senior Management Team
MDE Installations was founded in 1990. Our philosophy of excellence in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering has been part of our success in sustaining growth. The values, principles and practices put in place back then, remain the cornerstones of how we do business today.
MDE work with well-established clients in the Public, Travel, Retail, Education & Utility Sectors.
To find out more about MDE: https://mdeinstallations.com/about-us/
Due to sustained growth, we require a Customer Contact Centre Manager to strengthen our team.
You will be fully responsible for the day to day operational leadership of our Customer Contact Centre & it’s Team.
You and your team will be responsible for delivering the very highest standards of customer service. One of the main tasks of the Contact Centre will be to take and make calls to customers to arrange installer appointments. These appointments will enable MDE engineers to install & commission electricity smart meters.
Ensuring a seamless right first-time customer experience will be a key success measure. Contact and seamless liaison with the installers will be equally important in this process.
You will create and maintain a working environment which is performance focused, inclusive, motivated, engaging and celebrates success.
You will ensure swift responses to queries, complaints and issues arising from Customers, and train on effective responses to enquiries received. Alongside this, you will work closely with managers and installers ensuring information flow is fluid and accurate.
- Motivate and lead the team to achieve daily appointment targets.
- Managing performance of your team to ensure agents are offering outstanding experiences to customers.
- Ensuring all customer expectations are met.
- Development and performance management of staff including completion of effective team meetings, one-to-ones, call monitoring and coaching sessions.
- Monitor accuracy of appointments in the system.
- Ensure team is tracking reasons for missed / refused appointments that had been previously agreed, provide weekly report on reasons.
- Provide daily reports on a range of Contact Centre KPI’s.
- Create procedures and train teams on how to deal with all types of appointments / customers.
- Provide guidance and input on the business structures and workforce planning especially during the implementation / ramp up period of the business.
- Ensure adequate staff resources are in place to handle customer and installer contacts.
- Assist in identifying training needs for the Customer Contact Centre staff and participate in the training, evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
- Have recent practical experience of at least 3 years working in a Contact Centre ideally in the role of Contact Manager capacity.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of excellent leadership, motivational and coaching skills and be able to use these at both agent and team leader level to improve performance.
- Ideally, you will have management experience. We are looking for someone with an excellent track record of achievement, who can provide key examples of past success.
- Knowledge of computer applications is essential, including Microsoft Office & Excel. Experience of an appointment booking system would be beneficial.
Skills and Competencies:
The successful candidate must
- Be driven by achieving and exceeding targets and developing their team to do this.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with the team / management / other internal functions / installers / external client and have the confidence to challenge when required.
- Be self-motivated, able to work on their own initiative and to deadlines.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Have excellent computer / IT skills and a high-level understanding of Contact Centre Technology, Telecoms & Systems.
- Be resilient and strong at managing agent behaviour.
- Ability to schedule / rota Contact Centre staff effectively to deliver the optimum customer experience in a 6-day week operation.
- Be proactive and always looking for ways to improve performance.
- Credible, proactive professional.
- Influencing / negotiating skills.
- Results orientated.
- Creative and innovative problem solver.
- Team player with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude in a company with implementation time pressures.
- Competent in dealing with difficult situations.
- Organisational skills.
- Commercially aware.
The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the jobholder to meet work deadlines.
A competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be available to the successful candidate.
MDE Installations - Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
MDE Installations provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or membership of the Traveller community and all other grounds protected by legislation.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Applicants can send their CV and covering letter to email@example.com