eBay Tech Operations Manager - Bugs & Issues
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
eBay is looking for a senior experienced Technical Operations manager to manage a global team who deal with Bugs and Triage issues on the eBay ecosystem. The role would suit someone who has worked for a global SaaS or eCommerce business and is highly customer centric. This role will be career-defining for the right candidate.
We are hiring a Manager, TechOps Bugs & Tech Issues to lead our global customer experience tech Operations team (4 leads, 25 people). This role works closely with Global Product Development Teams and Site Operations to resolve open bugs and communicates high impact/mission critical issues to leadership and GCX (global customer experience) teams.
Location: Blanchardstown, West Dublin with flexibility on hours and home working.
- Lead a global team and optimise Triage and critical issue of all reported Customer Service Applications and eBay Site Bugs & Tech issues to minimise impact on contact centres & customers
- Drive Site Bugs Operational Efficiency for teammates driving less time filing bugs, visibility into open issues, integrated ticketing and close feedback loop.
- Optimised Bug Management process
- Manage & Train a highly effective international team
- Ensure turnovers to next shift to ensure continuity for bug resolution
- Set up playbooks & process for Knowledgebase Audits, Quality & knowledge creation within the team
- Drive automation for consistency & efficiency
- Regular sync ups with business partners Global Service Design & Partner management
- Reviewing & Prioritising Current bugs/urgent topics; Discuss any Silent sufferings (issues that are happening but are not reported)
- Teammate Coaching; New Hire Training on technical Issues; Discuss any other GSD or WFO needs
- Reporting for internal & external metrics & key drivers (Must have strong reporting skills).
- Quality & Productivity Analysis of the team’s work
- Lead new Projects Intake to support optimal including team training
- Drive Effective support of the strategic multi-year Payments Initiative – including ramps and rollout to new sites.
- Demonstrates an outstanding customer centricity, ensures that provided solutions accurately reflect the real needs and uses of the end users
- Extensive customer service domain experience, technical background and ability to provide leadership to the team
- Background and experience in a Technical Operations leadership role
- Your background will include successful collaboration in multi-functional teams to deliver products of excellent quality which achieve business goals.
- You must be a proactive and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think innovatively and contribute to the success of the products, processes and customer experience
- Proven experience in software development /quality engineering
- Experience with automation tools, Jenkins is a plus. Quality Assurance background is appreciated
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills
- GitHub and JIRA experience
- Certification & Experience with ITIL
If you are interested in this role please contact Bob Hoffman, Managing Partner, Vista People Executive Search, 20 Harcourt Street, Dublin 2. Telephone +353-1-9610015, Mobile +353-86-8170170 E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org