The Rise of Digital Channels
BT Evolution Forum: The Rise Of Digital Channels
In collaboration with CCMA Ireland, BT hosted the third event in their Evolution Forum series on site at the RDS during the young scientist exhibition. Over 100 contact centre industry professionals attended the forum and contributed to this successful event. The forum was focused on the growing importance of digital channels for business. The forum tackled two main digital challenges facing the Contact Centre industry. 1) Firstly, how organisations need to embrace key digital technologies such as Cloud, Mobile, Analytics and Social Media. and 2) Secondly the importance of conducting digital transformation with the right vision, leadership and change management skills. Speakers included Martin Hill-Wilson, Customer Experience & Digital Business Strategist covering the importance of embracing Digital Transformation and Nicola Millard, Head of Customer Insight and Futures (BT) sharing BT's new global social media research. The forum also facilitated a panel of expert including Eibhlin Payne, Tim Hynes, Barry O'Sullivan, Garvan Callan and Paul O'Riordan discussing a wide range of areas that are critical to a successful digital transformation. Here are some of the key nuggets of information that were presented at the event:
- Digital transformation is not an arcane art - it can be codified.
- B2B customers are often 60% towards completing a purchasing decision before they even speak with a supplier.
- Social interaction drives sales and two in five social media users have purchased an item in-store or online after sharing or favouriting on a social channel
- 85% of shoppers start searching on one device and complete their purchase on another device.
- Leading brands are using social login (e.g. Facebook credentials) to help tie all cross channel user activity to a single identity.
- Personalisation is critical for a great customer experience - Make every customer experience a relevant one by matching your product or service to their most likely requirement.
- 56% of all customer interactions happen during a multi-event, multi-channel journey.
- BT have experienced a 4 fold increase in customer interactions via Social Media since 2011.
- Customer expectations of traditional channels can be lower than those on Social channels.
- Big and small companies today listen like never before - The question is whether they are hearing any better!
For more information on this event, you can download the slides from slideshare.